Prep 3 hrs
Cook 35 mins
Prepare ahead recipe, great for picnics and get-togethers. Suitable to freeze. Preparation time allows for marinating.
- 1 kg chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon chicken stock powder
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, cover and refrigerate for several hours.
- Drain wings and reserve marinade.
- Place wings in baking dish and bake in moderately hot oven for 35 minutes or until tender, brushing occasionally with reserved marinade.
Mmmmm! I was looking for an innovative chicken wing recipie and became intrigued by this one. The flavors all worked really well together and everyone loved them. The only thing is I didn't marinade them for very long at all; I think I will next time. However, I did make a little extra marinade to use for a sauce, so that helped compensate for the short marinade time.
These ingredients make a tastey marinade, I did add a smidge more ginger,garlic then called for adjusting the ingredients to my family's taste. Didn't have any honey on hand so had to substitute a different source of sweetness. Next time I will make it with honey. Marinated wings 6 hours, started cooking in oven finished up on the grill last 10-15 minutes. Thanks for sharing your recipes.
These wings came out very good and flavorful, but it was more a teriyaki flavor than lemon and garlic. Cook time is right on, I did broil for a few minutes at the end to brown them up.