Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This marinade is just a bit different with the addition of molasses
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 garlic, minced
- 8 chicken thighs, skinned
- cooking spray
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- lemon wedge (optional)
- Combine first 4 ingredients; add chicken.
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Remove chicked from marinade; reserve. Arrange chicken in shallow roasting pan coated with cooking spray. Pour reserved marinade over chicken; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 425 for 20 minutes; baste chicken with marinade. Bake an additional 20 minutes or until chicken is done.
Wow, loved this marinade. I used boneless,skinless chicken thighs and they were so tender and delicious. After I removed the chicken from the pan, I boiled the leftover drippings to thicken it up and served it over the chicken and jasmine rice. I will make it again for sure, especially since both my girls ate all their chicken and wanted more.
Very good! I roasted my chicken thighs at 400F because I thought the molasses would burn, and I was afraid the thighs would dry out without the skin on ~ and even so, the molasses did burn onto the bottom of the pan! Next time, for easier cleanup, I'll roast them on parchment paper. Made for the L-O-V-E Train 2012.
Just made this last night and I am giving it 5 stars because it is fast, easy and utilizes ingredients that you would probably have in your pantry...plus it was pretty tasty! My whole family enjoyed it (pre-teen and teen boys included). Wasn't sure how long to marinate it, but I would guess mine could have steeped a little longer than the 15-minutes I gave it. Followed the recipe and cooking times exactly and it made a fine meal. I hadn't used my molasses in so long it had actually petrified in the bottom of the jar! I reconstituted just enough for the recipe. Now I can go out and buy a fresh one ;-) Thanks for sharing!