Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
OMG! This is a wonderful ice cream. Great so serve guests. I made with my Cuisinart small freezer.
- 2 2⁄3 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond flavoring
- Combine all ingredients (I wait and add the almonds the last 5 minutes) Makes 1 1/2 quarts of ice cream.
If I made this again I would add more lemon. It had a very mild lemon taste. The almond, vanilla, and heavy cream tended to mask the lemon flavor.
#2 of 3 ice cream recipes served for the 4th of July festivities at "The Hotel California". You're right..it's VERY good and how simple can it be? No cooking! I used Meyer lemon juice found in the freezer from Meyer season. The ice cream had a smooth texture and earned rave reviews. I left out the almonds, but we garnished it with stars cut from lemon pound cake. Fresh blueberries and strawberries on top would also make this a fine 4th of July favorite. If you like lemon, this is your recipe!