Recipe by ~In*Memory*of*Brats~
These cookies are easy and so good. They are a great Spring / Summer dessert.
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 4 teaspoons lemon extract (2 for cookies / 2 for frosting)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cups flour
- 8 teaspoons baking powder
- 6 cups confectioners' sugar (for frosting)
- 1⁄2 cup water (for frosting)
Directions See How It's Made
- FOR COOKIES: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat eggs, milk, 2 tsp lemon extract, sugar and oil in electric mixer at medium speed until well blended.
- Reduce speed to low and add flour and baking powder until just blended to a soft, sticky dough.
- Lightly flour your fingers and drop cookies by the teaspoon onto lightly greased cookie sheet.
- (I prefer Silpat or parchment) Shape smooth and roundish because they hold their shape during baking.
- Make right away for 8-10 minutes With a metal spatula, place cookies on a wire cooling rack.
- Cool completely.
- FOR FROSTING: Combine confectioners sugar, water and 2 tsp.
- lemon extract (if you would like you can also add food coloring) in mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- When cookies are completely cooled and still on wire racks (place newspaper or paper bags under racks), drizzle icing over cookies until covered.
- Let dry.