Recipe by Dib's
A nice change for your holiday feast! Love the lemon flavor and the crunch of the water chestnuts.
Top Review by Kelly M.
I was looking for something to use up some left over water chestnuts and ran across this, and I love brussels sprouts so I had to try it. I did like it, ate every bite, but something was just a little off for me. The sprouts were great and the chestnuts tasted good too, but I'm not sure I really liked the two mixed together. The only change I made was to add a little salt to taster. I was between 3 and 4 stars on this, opted for 4 since I generally loved the flavor, just not the mix of the chestnuts and sprouts.
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 3 (10 ounce) packagesfrozen Brussels sprouts
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine water and salt in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add sprouts.
- Cover and return water to boiling.
- Lower heat and simmer covered for 15 minutes.
- Drain and return to pan.
- Meanwhile melt butter in a small saucepan.
- Add the dill, lemon juice and water chestnuts.
- Set aside.
- To serve, pour the butter mixture over sprouts.
- Toss well and place in a serving bowl.