Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
Enjoy a dine-out experience at home with our favorite Italian pasta dish, complete with succulent shrimp and spinach tossed in a zesty lemon-garlic sauce. Budget dinner price: $2.45 per serving.
- 12 ounces frozen peeled and deveined medium shrimp, thawed
- 1 lemon
- 8 ounces dried fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 6 cups Baby Spinach
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning, crushed
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- fresh dill (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse shrimp; pat dry with paper towels. Finely shred 1 teaspoon peel from the lemon; set aside peel. Juice the lemon over a bowl; set aside juice. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in 12-inch skillet heat olive oil over medium heat. Cook garlic in hot oil for 1 minute. Add shrimp; cook for 3 to 4 minutes, turning frequently until shrimp are opaque. Add spinach and drained pasta; toss just until spinach begins to wilt. Stir in Italian seasoning, lemon peel, and 2 tablespoons of the lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Top with fresh dill. Serve at once.
- Substitute bite-size pieces of deli-roasted chicken for the shrimp. For peppery bite, replace half the spinach with arugula.