Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
From TOH magazine. These pretty little tartlets would make a great addition to a mini-dessert tray! Times are estimates and don't include chilling time.
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel (colored part only, no white part)
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 (2 ounce) package frozen miniature phyllo tart shells, thawed
Garnishes (as desired)
- fresh raspberry
- mint leaf
- sweetened whipped cream
- In a small, heavy saucepan over medium heat, whisk eggs, sugar, lemon juice, and lemon peel until blended.
- Add butter and cook, whisking constantly, until mixture is thickened and coats the back of a metal spoon.
- Transfer lemon curd to a small bowl and cool for 10 minutes. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Just before serving, spoon lemon curd into tart shells. Garnish with raspberries, mint leaves, and/or whipped cream, if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.
We loved these pretty little treats! Using the miniature phyllo tart shells as suggested in the ingredients really takes the work out of making a tart. Not only did we love the taste also loved that the two bite size was ideal for us. Putting in my best of 2012 book and look forward to serving at an upcoming baby shower. Thanks soooo very much for the post.
YUMMY! These are fantastic with blueberries! I didn't have phyllo tart shells so I made my own. (Butter one sheet of phyllo dough with melted butter, sprinkle with sugar, put another on top. Cut into eight squares, put two square together to make a star and press into jumbo muffin tin. Bake at 400F for 5 minutes.) Also, I had already started mixing before I realized I didn't have any lemon peel. As it turned out, the recipe is great without it. I don't think I'll add it next time either because it was quite tart enough. Would be great in little pre-make shortbread tart shells too. I'm thinking mini tartlettes would be a great potluck treat!