Recipe by Bec
Drizzle melted chocolate chips or lemon flavored icing over the top in a zigzag pattern. These make good dunkers with coffee, hot chocolate or milk.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat butter, sugar and salt in large bowl with mixer until fluffy.
- Beat in egg, lemon peel and juice.
- On low speed, beat in flour and cornmeal.
- Shape heaping teaspoonfuls of dough into 4 to 5 inch ropes, about 1/2 inch thick.
- For "S" shapes and place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden brown- Remove to wire rack to cool.