Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
You can use fragrance oils for this and or change the fragrances to the ones you like. Standing time is not included in the prep time.
- 1 cup distilled water
- 1 cup vodka
- 3 drops lemon grass essential oils
- 10 drops lavender oil
- 10 drops lime essential oils
- Combine the essential oils with the vodka in a bottle, shake well and set aside for three weeks in a dark place.
- Add distilled water and set aside again for another week, shake once a day.
- Store in dark bottles or keep in a cool dark place.
This smells great! Finally, the waiting period is over today and my lemon cologne is ready! It smells wonderful! I used jasmine essential oil as a substitute for lavender and lemon essential oil instead of lemon grass. Also, I used surgical spirit instead of vodka. I'm going to gift this to a very very special friend on the upcoming festival(on 31st)of Ganesh Chathurthi. Till then, I will be storing this in the refrigerator, so that when he applies it, it'll be cold and really nice. It really smells wonderful! Thank you for sharing the recipe.