Recipe by Second2None
Top Review by Chef Saskatchewan Bound
Fabulous! I changed the recipe because the lemon filling was not available in my area market. I used peach filling and added 1 tsp. vanilla extract. You could probably use any filling you choose just be sure to smooth out some of bigger chunks of fruit with a mixer or food processor. I wouldn't puree but reduce to bite size. I added the vanilla to the batter. When putting the batter into the pan just allow it to flow slowly like a river to cover the pan bottom. Do not try to spread it with a spatula. Repeat with top layer covering the fruit filling. The batter should be slightly thicker than pancake batter. Bottom line, this is a great recipe, versatile and delicious. Thanks for sharing.
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar, divided
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can lemon pie filling
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl combine 1 cup sugar and oil; mix well. Add eggs and beat until light and lemon colored.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to the egg mixture and mix well.
- Pour half the batter into a greased 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish. Spread pie filling over batter. Top with remaining batter.
- Combine the cinnamon and remaining ¼ cup sugar. Sprinkle sugar mixture over top of batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.