Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is my fusion of two recipes to try to get an easy, elegant white truffle for the holidays. Cooking time is cooling time.
- 1 fresh lemon
- 158.51 ml evaporated milk
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml salt
- 354.88 ml white chocolate chips
- 473.18 ml marshmallows
- 118.29 ml toasted coconut
- 113.39 g white almond bark, melted
- Put white chocolate and marshmallows into a large heat proof bowl.
- Finely grate the peel from the lemon.
- Put milk, sugar, salt and lemon rind in saucepan, heat over medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Boil gently stirring constantly for two to five minutes, until smooth.
- Pour milk mixture over white chocolate and marshmallows and beat until you have a smooth, well incorporated mixture.
- Pour into a parchment lined 8x8 pan.
- Cool until no long sticky, about 1-2 hours.
- Form into balls and put in freezer 15 minutes.
- Dip truffles in melted white almond bark and sprinkle with toasted coconut.
- Chill to set before serving.
These truffles are AWESOME! The lemon mixture was quite tacky and hard to actually roll into balls, but I fixed this by keeping a small bowl of powdered sugar nearby and dipping my fingers in it to keep the mixture from sticking to my fingers. I portioned the lemon mixture out into small amounts, froze it for about 5-10 minutes, then pulled it out and reshaped it into a ball, rolled it in the melted vanilla almond bark, then rolled in the coconut. I tried it without the coconut at first, but the almond bark and lemon were so sweet. They really need the coconut to balance out the flavor. These truffles are SO good. I cannot wait to make more for friends through the holidays!
These were sooo easy. The only problem I had is the mixture didnâ€™t set well, it was pretty much sticky the whole time I was working with it, even after sitting for 3 Â½ hours. I would have let it sit longer but I was in a hurry to finish up. I ended up throwing away about a cup of the mixture because there was no way I could have worked with it. I am not a big white chocolate fan so I didnâ€™t enjoy these, however everyone who had them loved them. The flavors are right on, very sweet with the white chocolate but the lemon and coconut go together well. Do not skip on the toasting of the coconut, that was my favorite part!