Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
I decided to build upon my recipe for No Bake Cheesecake that I recently posted here. Thought I use lemon and coconut flavors, you can put together your own flavor combinations.
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 1 (1/3 ounce) packet sugar-free lemon gelatin
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (1 g) packet sugar substitute, preferrably Splenda
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sugar-free coconut syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Mix and dissolve gelatin in the boiling water, set aside to cool.
- In a mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar substitute until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs, then stir in cream.
- Place mixture in saucepan to cook, then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour into a medium bowl.
- Stir in Jell-O mixture.
- Pour mixture into either a 8x8 brownie pan or a 9" pie plate.
- Cover with plastic and place in refrigerator to chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
The taste of this cheesecake is really good, but for some reason, it didn't jell as well as I was expecting. For anyone on Atkin's diet, this is a guilt-free dessert! The only addition I came up with was to add toasted coconut on top, after it had jelled a little, but not completely. I wanted it to remain on top, and not sink into the cake. Thnx for sharing your recipe, Caramella Girl. Made for PAC Fall 2009.