Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This makes a lovely meal served with chicken or pork, steamed carrots and a light fruit salad. (My personal favorite fruit salad: honey melon, kiwi and fresh raspberries with a splash of lemon juice and a sprinkling of vanilla sugar).
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 onion, small, finely chopped
- 2 cups rice, long grain
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry (or)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chives, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Melt margarine.
- Add onions and saute.
- Add rice and curry or tumeric and cook until grains of rice are all coated.
- Stir in half the lemon peel and all the broth.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer over low heat for 20- 25 minutes.
- Stir in remaining lemon peel and chives just before you serve.
I usually do not like anything with curry in it...but I really liked this recipe....I cut the curry in half and added some shredded carrots and it was wonderful...and such a great color.. Thank you for such a nice recipe.
Very nice rice. Even with the curry, it was very mild. I served it with some blackened fish....delicious! Made for Zaar Stars tag game.
Delicious! I threw all the ingredients into a rice cooker and I got amazing results! Thanks, Baby Kato! Made for Best of 2012 tag game courtesy of Mikekey.