Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 1⁄2 lb penne
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast half, cut in strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup bottled lemon juice
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cilantro (optional)
- In large pot, cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet, brown chicken in oil with onion and garlic.
- Add lemon juice, tomatoes, water and red pepper flakes; cook 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add penne; heat through.
- Garnish with cilantro.
- Serve hot or cold.
This was quick, easy and tasty. I used canned diced tomatoes instead of fresh. Nice light meal w/tossed salad and bread.
This was so good!! I left out the onions and garlic (personal preference!), used fresh squeezed lemon juice and 1 can of diced tomatoes, undrained. For the water, I used some of the pasta water to thicken the sauce a little. I also sprinkled my chicken with chili powder before browning just for a little more depth of flavor and spice! I loved this and it is so healthy! Thanks so much for sharing this recipe!!