- 1⁄2 lb penne
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast half, cut in strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup bottled lemon juice
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cilantro (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In large pot, cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet, brown chicken in oil with onion and garlic.
- Add lemon juice, tomatoes, water and red pepper flakes; cook 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add penne; heat through.
- Garnish with cilantro.
- Serve hot or cold.