Prep 10 mins
Cook 14 mins
From AHA Low-salt cookbook
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 lb chicken breast tenders
- 2 -3 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, snipped
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Remove skillet from heat and spray with vegetable oil spray (be careful not to spray near a gas flame).
- Return to heat and add the oil, lemon zest and the lemon juice. Swirl to coat the bottom of the skillet.
- Add the chicken, oregano and garlic to the skillet and cook, covered, for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the chicken begins to turn white.
- Turn the chicken over. Continue to cook for 3 to 5 minutes or completely white on the surface.
- With lid on skillet, pour all pan liquid into a small bowl, reserving the liquid.
- Cook the chicken, uncovered, for another 2 minutes, or until lightly brown.
- Turn the chicken over and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until lightly brown.
- Sprinkle the paprika over the chicken and return the pan liquid to the skillet. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink inside, stirring frequently.
- Garnish with the parsley.