- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1⁄2 cup fine dry breadcrumb
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken horizontally into 1/4 inch thick slices. Place between 2 pieces of wax paper and flatten chicken. Sprinkle with lemon juice: let stand 10 minutes.
- In shallow dish combine flour, salt, thyme and celery salt; mix well.
- In another shallow dish, lightly beat egg with water. Dip chicken into flour, then into egg, then into bread crumbs. Place on lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees F/200 degrees C for 10-15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.