Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Delicious lemon chicken recipe that is easy to make and stores well. From Once-a-Month Cooking.
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1 lb raw chicken piece
- 1 cup regular uncooked rice
- Mix all of the spices and lemon juice in a 1-gallon bag, add chicken pieces, and freeze.
- To prepare, thaw bag of chicken, preheat oven to 450 degrees. Arrange chicken skin-side down in an 8x8x2-inch bakind dish treated with nonstick spray. Pour liquid over chicken.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Turn chicken over and baste. Bake for an additional 15 to 20 minutes.
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- Serve chicken over rice.
I thought this had good flavor, but the liquid dried up before the chicken was done. The second batch I made, I baked at a lower temp, but still the liquid was gone. Next time I make this I'll double the marinade ingredients.
Superb. Deeply, intensely lemony. I used cut up pieces of chicken breast fillets. Very easy to prepare, and very easy to cook. I feel inspired to stock up the freezer! Reviewed for Pick A Chef, Fall 2007.