Prep 6 hrs
Cook 40 mins
- 3 lbs chicken pieces
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- Combine chicken and lemon juice.
- Marinate at least 6 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Remove chicken, discard marinade, reserving 1 tablespoons.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper; dredge in flour (this step may be skipped).
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat, fry in several batches.
- Transfer to casserole large enough to hold chicken in single layer.
- Combine peel and brown sugar in bowl, sprinkle over chicken.
- Combine stock and 1 Tbsp reserved marinate, pour around chicken.
- Bake at 350°F 35-40 minutes.
- Good served hot, even better served cold.