Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
If you like lemon, you will LOVE this pie! Simply devine!!! Cooking time does not include baking the pie crust.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon rind, grated
- 1 (8 inch) pie shells, baked
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Blend in lemon juice and rind.
- Cook in double boiler over hot water, stirring constantly, until thickened. Cool slightly.
- Pour into cool pie shell.
- Add salt to egg whites, and beat until frothy.
- Beat in sugar, a tablespoon at a time, continuing to beat mixture will hold soft peaks.
- Spread over filling, sealing carefully to crust.
- Bake at 325, for 12-15 minutes, or until nicely brown.