1/4 Photos of Lemon & Butter Braised Beet Greens
Chef Gruyère's Note:
This is from the Earthbound Farms Organic Foods website. It says.... Choose baby leaves, 4 to 6 inches in length, for the mildest taste and most tender greens. Mature leaves have a much more pungent flavor and are best boiled until tender. This simple saute takes just a few minutes to cook and makes a lovely accompaniment to roast chicken or steak.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oil and butter in a large skillet or Dutch oven over low heat, and add the garlic.
- 2Cook gently, stirring frequently, until the garlic is fragrant but does not take on any color.
- 3Add the moist greens, raise the heat to medium-high, and cover the pan. Cook until the greens wilt, about 2 minutes, shaking the pan once or twice.
- 4Remove the cover; if there's any excess liquid, cook until it evaporates.
- 5Toss the greens with the lemon juice, salt, and pepper, and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Greens Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Greens Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon & Butter Braised Beet Greens
Serving Size: 1 (239 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 136.4
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 513.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.4 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 5.0 g