Beet Greens with Beets
photo by BriarCraft
- Ready In:
- 10 ounces washed beet greens
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 lb beets or (16 ounce) can cooked beets, drained and chopped
- 1 lemon, juice of
- ground black pepper
- In a large pot bring lightly salted water to boil.
- Add the greens and cook to just limp-about 3 minutes.
- Drain well and chop.
- Melt the butter in a skillet, add the garlic, ginger, and greens and saute 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in the chopped beets, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat through, about 2 minutes and turn into a serving bowl.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Di, you are going to think I'm nuts, but this sounded so good, had to try it. Couldn't find any beet greens except some awful looking, with really old big leaves, soooo, I used some lovely nice fresh spinach! with canned baby beets. It turned out delicious!! the garlic, ginger and lemon are a great combination, I can hardly wait for spring to try it with nice fresh beets with young beet greens. Thanks for sharing, beets are one of our favourite veggies and we will enjoy this recipe often.
Really good. I had a HUGE bunch of fresh beets from the grocery store and wanted a way to cook the tops as well as the roots. The way the recipe is written, the root part doesn't get cooked much at all (perhaps it's written for canned beets) so I boiled my cubed beet roots until they were soft and then added them to the sauteed greens. We loved 'em, thanks for the recipe!
see 15 more reviews