Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I found this recipe in a friends cookbook, but I tweaked it to my liking. I love a rich lemon flavor so feel free to cut back if it is too much for you. These are divine and a hit with everyone I shared them with!!
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 lemons, juice and zest of, grated
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar, for the topping
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In a small mixer bowl combine all crust ingredients.
- Beat indgredients at low speed scraping the bowl often, until mixture is crumbly (2 to 3 minutes).
- Press crust to the bottom of an 8" square greesed baking pan.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the edges are lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a small mixer bowl, combine all filling ingredients.
- Beat at low speed, scraping the bowl often, until all ingredients are well mixed.
- Pour the filling over the hot crust.
- Continue baking for 18 to 25 minutes or until the filling is set.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Cool, cut, and enjoy!
I liked that these were easy to make with ingredients I always have on hand. I think next time I might add a little more sugar to the crust to make them just a bit sweeter. A graham crust might also be good with the lemon filling on top. Thanks for the recipe!
I doubled the recipe and put it in a jelly roll pan. It turned out very well and boy, are these lemony! The zesting of so many lemons was tedious work but I had a juicer to juice them and put the pulp in the bars. They seem like they are going to be somewhat messy, but I think that is just the nature of lemon bars. Very good recipe!