1/3 Photos of Lemon Brunch Buns
* Pamela *'s Note:
This is my mother in law's recipe. I made these for my annual Christmas Brunch and they turned out great! (Prep time and cook time do not include rising time.)
My Private Note
large b ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soften yeast in warm water and 2 tsp sugar.
- 2Scald milk and pour over stiffly beaten egg whites.
- 3Add softened butter and egg yolks that have been beaten with sugar until thick and lemon colored.
- 4To this, add the yeast mixture and flour (about 5-6 cups)to form a soft dough.
- 5Let rise until light.
- 6Pinch off little pieces, rolling them into long strips about 8 inches long.
- 7Then form these strips into figure eights.
- 8Fill holes with lemon filling.
- 9Let rise again about 30 minutes and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until slightly golden in color.
- 10Dust with icing sugar or drizzle with icing just before serving.
- 11I have also made these with Blueberry Pie filling and they were delicious!
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Brunch Buns
Serving Size: 1 (1062 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 75.4
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 34.4 mg
- Sodium 117.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 1.2 g