Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I really enjoy this recipe. It is one of those from Philadelphia Cream Cheese using its new cooking cremes. If you can't find the cooking creme, the original cream cheese, 8 ounce, package will do. This comes together in no time.
- 1 tablespoon oil or 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) container Philadelphia Original Cooking Creme
- 2 cups frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- Heat oil or butter in large skillet on medium-high heat.
- Add chicken, garlic and pepper; cook 5-6 minutes or until chicken is done, stirring frequently.
- Add cooking creme and broccoli; cook and stir 2 minutes; stir in lemon zest.
- Serve over rice.
We enjoyed this very much. The lemon cuts through some of the richness of the sauce. Our local grocer does not carry the new cooking cream. Instead I used some herb cream cheese I needed to use up. I did add just a tad bit of chicken stock, to thin the sauce out a bit. Made for New Kids on the Block Tag game. :)