Mama's recipe and my favorite dessert in childhood. A very light dessert to have after a large dinner. Oh, what memories!!!
- Chill evaporated milk until icy.
- Dissolve jello in boiling water. Add sugar, salt, lemon juice and zest into jello. Cool and let congeal just slightly.
- Using an electric mixer, whip icy evaporated milk until stiff and doubled in size. Add to jello mixture in small amounts and beat well.
- Mix crumbs and melted butter. Press into a 9x9 inch pyrex dish.
- Pour mixture over crust and sprinkle with a few graham cracker crumbs.
- Refrigerate. Dessert is best overnight or after 6 hours.
- (Note: Preparation time does not include letting milk get icy.).