Prep 35 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A light and luscious dessert to make through the spring and summer months (depending on the area of the country you are from) while berries are at the peak.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup light cream
- 1 lemon
- 1⁄2 pint strawberry
- 1⁄2 pint raspberries
- Combine sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan.
- Whisk in egg until smooth.
- Add milk and light cream.
- Cut in a 2" strip of yellow zest from lemon and add.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture coats spoon well, about 20 minutes.
- Pour through a strainer into a bowl.
- Ssqueeze 1 Tbsp.
- juice from the lemon and stir in.
- Press plastic wrap directly on the surface of this pudding so a skin won't form and let cool 20 minutes.
- Refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.
- Hull and halve or slice strawberries.
- Layer lemon pudding with berries in parfait glases.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
This was a wonderful dessert for my husbands birthday dinner. I put it in small parfait glasses. Place oneof each berrie on top with a sprig of mint.