Prep 5 mins
Cook 16 mins
This is really easy and pretty darn good.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 slices lemons, thin
- 1 pinch salt
- ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine oil, garlic, salt and pepper in a shallow baking dish.
- Add the chicken and turn in the oil until coated. Sprinkle half of the thyme. Arrange the lemon slices around the chicken.
- Bake the chicken 8 minutes then turn. Place a lemon slice on each piece of chicken and sprinkle with remaining thyme. Bake until center is no longer pink 8-10 minutes.
Pretty darn good and easy. I followed your recipe exactly, but lowered the oven time (for baking potatoes), so it took about 30 minutes to roast. Tender and moist chicken. Made for the Herb of the month in the French Forum.
This was quick and easy and quite tasty. I prepared exactly per the recipe and was happy with the results. I'll be making this again.