Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 mins
Something we often make to cook outside on the barbeque. I love to use the frenched loin chops, expensive little mouthfuls, but soooo good.
- 1 kg lamb loin chop, frenched are great
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Place the chops in a non-reactive container, add the remaining ingredients and mix and massage them into the chops with your hands.
- Set aside for about 1 hour to marinate.
- Heat your grill or broiler, and cook the chops to your liking-we find about 3 minutes on a hot grill is enough for the little frenched ones.
Wow. Loved every bite of this! Marinated for about 1.5 hours. Such a delicious combo of flavours.
The marinade was a fantastic with our lamb loin chops (was a little worried that the flavour would be too lemony - I got 1/2 cup of lemon juice from 2 lemons) once cooked the flavours were great (though the DH thought I undercooked 2 out of 4 of his as they were still pink and so raw but I beg to differ and put it down to him being grumpy coming of 12 hour night shift and doing the shift change, Thank you Jan for a lovely marinade, made for Make My Recipe - Edition 16.
Simple ingredients and very easy to put together, both Hubby and Little Miss (DD) really enough the flavours. I used regular Lion Lamb Chops and kept to the recipe. Thanks so much for posting your recipe JustJanS