Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
From The Little Paris Kitchen
- 2 tablespoons dried lavender
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1 whole chicken, cut into 8-10 serving pieces
- Crush the lavender using a mortar and pestle or a rolling pin. Put the lavender in a large bowl with the honey, oil, thyme, lemon zest and juice. Mix well.
- Place the chicken pieces in a large zip loc bag and pour the marinade over top, making sure all the pieces are coated. Allow to marinate for 30 minutes, or up to 4 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F Put the chicken and marinade into a roasting pan and sprinkle with salt. Roast for 45 minutes, turning the pieces over halfway through the cooking time. Chicken is done when the juices run clear when pierced with a skewer. Serve the chicken with the juices poured over.