Recipe by Chef floWer
Lamb is consumed quite a bit in Australia. I cooked this leg of lamb in the slow cooker today for Little Miss (DD) and Hubby (DD). I don’t eat red meat, but I don't deprive my family if they want to eat it. You may not want to season the lamb with salt, as this recipe has the liquid stock & soy which both have high salt contents, but it's up to your taste bugs. You could also push some rosemary into the incisions with the garlic or sprinkle some around the lamb once its in the Slow Cooker / Crock Pot. Hubby said the meat fell away from the bone. Enjoy
Top Review by Chef1MOM-Connie
THANK YOU for a delicious meal that was no fuss no muss. I must say I have never done lamb in a crock and was a bit nervous. Not anymore! I will do this recvipe often as it came out so temder and juicy. No dry spots anywhere! My DH is is not really a lamb eater but married a Greek so eats it, said it is delicious! He had 2 helpings then I told him what it was. He could not believe it. He said it tasted different. I did not use mint as I usually do and because it was fall off thebone and he did not know I believe tricked him. I did take a bit of license in that I did not use soy but used home made beef stock instead. Came out great. I also added in carrots, sliced lengthwise and a few potatoes to sit the lamb on. I did add in a 1/4 c of lemon as well. The taters soaked up the lemon flavor just right. Served with Recipe #91666 . We had a little bit of Greece here tonight . Thank you.
- 3 kg leg of lamb
- 5 garlic cloves, sliced
- 29.58 ml olive oil, enough to rub leg of lamb
- 29.58 ml fresh rosemary, off stem and chopped or 29.58 ml dried rosemary
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 946.36 ml vegetable stock, liquid (salt reduced)
- 59.14 ml reduced sodium soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Make small incisions in leg of lamb and insert the slices of garlic in each incision.
- Rub olive oil, rosemary around the lamb and season with salt and pepper.
- In large non-stick pan, brown leg of lamb.
- While the lamb is browning, you can prepare the slow cooker/crock pot. Pour the stock and soy sauce into the slow cooker/crock pot. When the lamb is finishing browning add it to the slow cooker/crock pot.
- Cover and cook for 8-10 hours on low setting.
- Remove from slow cooker/crock pot and let rest 15 to 20 minutes before slicing.