Recipe by Dib's
This recipe is posted by request, and was found on the net. No name was attached.
Top Review by Mysterygirl
This is a wonderful recipe. It's very easy to put together, the smells coming out of the kitchen while the lamb was cooking was terrific and it taste great. The lamb came out fork tender. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed this meal. My mother and I both agreed that the marinade would be great on a pork tenderloin too. We will both definitely be making this recipe again. Thanks for finding it and posting it to Zaar.
- 1 (5 lb) boneless leg of lamb
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, reserved
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup dried oregano
- 8 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl combine the 1/2 cup lemon juice, olive oil, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Whisk well.
- Place lamb in a shallow baking dish and cover with marinade, turning to coat.
- Marinate for 3 hours or overnight, turning a few times.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Remove lamb and place on a roasting rack over a baking dish.
- Cook for 15 minutes, reduce heat to 350 degrees and continue cooking for another 40 minutes.
- Test for desired doneness.
- Remove lamb from oven, sprinkle reserved lemon juice over cooked meat, wrap in foil and let stand for 10 to 15 minutes.