Herb Cheese Boneless Leg of Lamb
photo by Morrison
- Ready In:
- 1hr 50mins
- Fillet the leg of lamb on a cutting board and pound it flat with a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- Spread the cheese mixture on the inside of the meat (fat goes on the outside) with a rubber spatula or large spoon.
- Roll roast back into pill shape, place back into netting or tie together with twine.
- Place in a large serving dish, or gallon size zipper bag and pour in wine. Let marinate for 1-2 hours in refrigerator, turning at least once.
- Remove roast from fridge and allow to come to room temperature, sprinkle with thyme and rub with minced garlic.
- Heat grill to 325°F.
- When grill is hot place the roast directly over the fire and sear for 4-5 minutes per side.
- After searing, set the roast to the side of the fire (indirect heat) for the remainder of the cooking time.
- Cook 25 min/lb for medium doneness at 300-325°F.
- Remove from heat and allow to rest for 10 minutes before carving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!