1/2 Photos of Leftover Turkey or Chicken Pasties
This is a very nice way to use up leftovers from a roast dinner. Use the amounts given in the recipe only as a guide. Chop and change the recipe according to the ingredients you have on hand. If you prefer shortcrust pastry then that is fine too. I often use the leftover gravy instead of the stock, I do water it down somewhat When I have less time I just cut the pastry into squares and make them as triangles.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 7 -8 ounces cooked turkey or 7 ounces chicken, roughly chopped
- 6 -8 ounces cubed leftover roasted potatoes (or cooked0)
- 1 cup leftover prepared stuffing or 1 cup chopped sausage
- 1 cup leftover vegetables (chopped if needed)
- 1/2 cup turkey stock (maybe more) or 1/2 cup chicken stock (maybe more)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lb premade puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- 2Mix together the turkey, potatoes, stuffing and vegetables, season to taste with the black pepper.
- 3Add the stock to the mixture, it should be moist and not too wet.
- 4Unroll the pastry and roll out further so you can cut out 4 large circles, use a side plate as a guide.
- 5Place the circles onto a baking sheet, spoon the filling into the middle of each circle.
- 6Brush the edges with the beaten egg, then bring them up to the middle and pinch the ends to seal.
- 7Brush the pasties with the rest of the egg and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden.
- 8NOTE: Vegetables I have used so far with success are carrots, brussels sprouts, peas and cabbage. And I also added grated cheese.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Leftover Turkey or Chicken Pasties
Serving Size: 1 (268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 856.2
- Calories from Fat 461
- Total Fat 51.2 g
- Saturated Fat 12.9 g
- Cholesterol 84.2 mg
- Sodium 599.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 26.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: