Prep 1 min
Cook 0 mins
Uniquely tasty fast and nutritious meal or snack. I use solid white albacore tuna.
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna (previously mixed with mayo and anything else you like and refrigerated at least overnight)
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- Ritz crackers (optional) or saltine crackers (optional)
- salsa (optional)
- Mix it up, about half tuna, half cottage cheese.
- Eat with a spoon or on crackers topped with salsa.
- If you don't have cottage cheese, tuna with salsa on Saltines is my second favorite.
I think tuna and cottage cheese is a great combo, aside from being easy and healthy. I like to add chopped celery or cucumber and lots of pepper.
Here I thought that I was the only one who ADORES mixing tuna with cottage cheese! It is my favorite snack! I like to mix large curd cottage cheese with plain tuna and then grind bunches of black pepper on top. I usually spoon it up, but I have also been known to dip Pringles chips and saltines. Sometimes I add chopped olives or a spot of salad dressing (Italian, French, Ranch or Bleu Cheese) for a change.