Recipe by Celeste :)
Found this online, seems like a good way to use up all that leftover candy!! Use chocolate bunnies, Peeps, eggs, jellybeans, etc. NOTE: The recipe instructs you to dust the pan with bread crumbs, never heard of that - so I'm still going to include it, but just do whatever works for you with Bundt pans, flour/oil, etc. Here's a link to some pics of the cake: http://candyaddict.com/blog/2007/03/21/candy-recipes-leftover-easter-candy-cake/
- 2 cups candy bars, whatever you've got (coarsely chopped)
- 2 3⁄4 cups sifted flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 ounces unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- confectioners' sugar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a tube or bundt pan (10 to 12 cup capacity) and dust with fine bread crumbs. Tap out excess crumbs. Set pan aside. Sift together the flour, salt and baking soda and set aside.
- In large bowl, cream butter until soft, add vanilla, almond extracts and sugar. Mix well. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each one. On low speed, alternate adding dry ingredients with sour cream, scraping bowl as necessary.
- Place 1 1/2 cups mixture in prepared pan. Add candies to remaining batter, fold in gently. Pour this mixture into pan over plain batter.
- Bake 1 hour or until tests done. Cool 15 minutes. Cover pan with rack and invert. Remove pan. Let cake cool. Serve plain or with confectioners' sugar dusted on top.