Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is great for using up leftovers. It is easy & quick to prepare. Use left over veggies in it too if you have them - Use your imagination. This was originally a Campbell Soup recipe Tweeked a few times by me. Just came across it in a drawer I haven't made it for a while. Hope you enjoy it Good served with a green salad
- 473.18 ml potatoes, cooked & diced
- 283.49 g package frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 473.18 ml beef, cooked, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 jalapeno, finely diced
- 283.49 g cream of mushroom soup
- 78.07 ml water
- 7.39 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 4.92 ml dried thyme
- 1 prepared pie crust, thawed (One crust)
- Lightly grease a 9" pie plate and place the beef, potatoes& veggies in it, mix them so they are evenly distributed.
- Mix the soup, garlic, pepper, worchestershire& thyme&.
- pour over the beef mixture.
- Place the pie crust over top, pinch the crust around the edges cut 2 slits in the top& bake in 400F oven for 35 minutes or until the crust is golden and it is heated through.
I liked the recipe - easy to make and the family enjoyed something new and different. Next time I make it, I will change it up a bit and make it with more of a "beef" sauce instead of the cream of mushroom/worcestershire sauce.
This is soooooo good! I did make a couple little changes, though. First, I started with the pie pan, but it just looked like too much "stuff", so I put it in a 12X9 pan. I'd rather clean a dish than an oven! I just trimmmed the crust and put the trimmings on the ends where there was none. Next time, I'll add just a smidge more water to make more gravy (part of which could have been the pan size change). This is really great, because I have a rolled sandwich recipe that uses half of the packaged pie crust, so this is a GREAT non-dessert thing to do with the other half. Thanks so much! Oooh! And I also used frozen O'Brien style hashbrowns instead of the cooked potatoes, and one drained can of mixed veggies. And doubled the jalapeno and garlic since we're such BIG fans of both.
A nice tasty meal. We had a lot of left over corn beef so this was perfect. It was quick to put togeather and the family enjoyed. Thanks for sharing Bergy.