Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Lee doesn't cook. Ever. But after watching "Woman on Top," she got inspired to invent this marinade. Maybe I should change the name to Woman on Top Marinade. lol No matter what we call it, it's a good, tropical-tasting marinade that is great for grilled chicken or seafood.
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1 head garlic, crushed (use less if you're not a garlic fan)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 2 -3 chipotle peppers, minced
- 1 teaspoon meat tenderizer, makes the meat marinate faster (optional)
- 1 teaspoon adobo seasoning
- 1 cup sour orange juice or 1 cup regular orange juice, if you can't find sour OJ
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- Mix all ingredients together and pour over chicken.
- Marinate at least 30 minutes.
- If you use the meat tenderizer, don't marinade for more than an hour or so, or the meat fibers will break down too much. If you leave it out, marinate as long as you'd like. I prefer overnight.
I used this marinade for chicken we cooked on the grill tonight. It marinated about an hour but everyone felt that next time we should marinate it longer. Next time I will do just that. I will update the review and adjust the stars, at that time, if needed.