Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Leeks baked with cream, streaky bacon and bay leaves. Another recipe from the New Zealand Herald Paper
- Preheat the oven to 170°C.
- Grease a baking dish with the butter.
- Trim the leeks and split lengthwise then carefully rinse to remove any dirt.
- Lay the leeks in the dish alternating with the bacon and the bay leaves. Pour over the stock, wine and cream.
- Season and bake for 30 minutes until the leeks are meltingly tender.
I enjoy leeks but don't make cook then as much as I probably should ! However, this recipe gives me the kick in the . . . to have them on my table more often! Easy-to-make & with the wine, bacon & bay leaves, we had a VERY, VERY NICE TASTING SIDE DISH! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed while touring New Zealand on ZWT5]