Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Sweet as a summer's kiss, this delicious cake comes from the Pennsylvania Dutch chapter of the United States Regional cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs peaches, peeled, seeded and halved
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease a 13x9 inch pan.
- Sift first four ingredients together very well.
- Cut in the butter; add egg and milk, which have been mixed together.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Pour into prepared pan; cover with peach halves.
- Mix cinnamon and sugar together; sprinkle evenly over peaches.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until cake tests done.