Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Dosen't require much legwork and tastes better the longer you leave it!
- 110 g bulgur wheat or 100 g couscous
- 600 ml water
- 1⁄2 cucumber, diced
- 2 medium tomatoes, deseeded and diced
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup of fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Soak the grain in the water for 30 minutes Then drain and squeeze out excess water.
- Mix in the tomato and cucumber and leave to stand for 30 minutes.
- Add oil and herbs and serve.
I picked this recipe because I thought from reading it that it was a "raw" tabouli. Well, it's not (as written anyway.) I used cold water and the bulgar was still very crunchy after the hour was up. So using boiling water is not just a heated-food-centric way of doing it. lol. It's about 3.5 hours later now, and it's a bit softer. It will probably be fine tomorrow. The flavor is good! Reviewed for Healthy Choices ABC Tag.