Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe was found in Sunset magazine. It's very lean and fresh-tasting. It's hard to find seasoned rice vinegar where I live, so I've substituted 4 tbs white wine vinegar mixed with 1 tsp sugar and 1/2 tsp salt. It's not the same flavor, but it still tastes good. If it is made ahead, the pasta may need a couple tablespoons to moisten it before mixing it with the rest of the ingredients.
- 1 lb dried radiatore (any spiral shaped pasta) or 1 lb rotini pasta (any spiral shaped pasta)
- 6 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 2 lbs roma tomatoes, cored and chopped
- 3 tablespoons prepared capers, drained
- 3⁄4 lb cooked turkey breast or 3⁄4 lb smoked turkey breast, cut in strips
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh basil
- salt, to taste
- Cook pasta in 3-4 quarts boiling water until tender to bite, 12-15 minutes. Drain. Cover with cold water and drain again. Repeat until pasta is cool. Drain well and mix with the vinegar and 1/4 cup broth.
- In a separate bowl, mix tomatoes with capers. If making up to a day ahead, store pasta and tomato mixtures separately in the refrigerator.
- Place pasta in a large platter or bowl. Mix in the rest of the ingredients, adding salt to taste.