Recipe by deinemuse
I got this from a lasagna recipe from self magazine and modified it a bit. This can be done with lasagna and can be done without the meat, or modified with ground chicken or turkey.
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 lb chicken sausage
- 24 ounces tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 4 cups fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 16 ounces whole wheat rigatoni
- 1 cup KRAFT 2% Milk Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Spray a medium-sized nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
- Sauté onion for 2 minutes.
- Remove Sausage from casing, chop into small pieces and cook an additional 5 to 7 minutes or until done.
- Add tomato sauce, all seasonings and simmer 2 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat.
- In a bowl, combine spinach, ricotta, and nutmeg.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil.
- Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente.
- Coat a 9" x 13" baking pan with cooking spray.
- Place a layer of pastra on the bottom of the pan.
- Spread a layer of ricotta mixture, then meat mixture, then a sprinkle mozzarella.
- Repeat layers, ending with mozzarella.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until cheese bubbles.