1/2 Photos of Leafy Green Strudel
So good! Use any combination of greens you wish. Looks great and tastes great for a brunch table. From the local newspaper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 4 cups kale, trimmed and roughly chopped
- 4 cups collard greens, trimmed and roughly chopped
- 4 cups swiss chard, trimmed and roughly chopped (if not all available, use all of one or two or a mixture of spinach,oriental or regular bok choy, al)
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1Preheat oven to 450°F.
- 2In a large, nonstick,frypan over medium high heat, heat oil.
- 3Add onion and garlic; saute until softened.
- 4Add zest, lemon juice, salt, pepper and mustard seeds; cook one minute.
- 5Stir in leafy greens; cover and cook until softened, about 7 minutes.
- 6Remove from heat; stir in pecans.
- 7Roll pastry to 12 x 9 inch rectangle, spread leafy green mixture along centre.
- 8Along one length of pastry, make diagonal cuts almost to filling, 1 inch apart; repeat on other side.
- 9Alternating strips, fold over filling to form braid, brushing with egg to secure.
- 10Brush entire top of strudel with egg; sprinkle with salt.
- 11Transfer strudel to parchment lined baking sheet; bake in a 450°F oven until pastry is golden, about 20 minutes.
- 12Let cool slightly.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Leafy Green Strudel
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 301.9
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 26.4 mg
- Sodium 438.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 7.4 g