Recipe by Happy Hippie
A recipe I found on the allrecipes.com website. It was Submitted by: ICCANA. This is the review he/she left for this dish. "This unique contemporary North African pasta dish combines Algerian, French, and Italian culinary sensibilities into one beautiful pasta featuring a white sauce with bite-sized chicken pieces. Serve over bow-tie, rotini, cheese ravioli, or tortellini pasta."
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast (cubed)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper, ground
- 5 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1⁄8 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 5 saffron threads
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups cream
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 dash milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Warm olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Place the chicken pieces in hot oil; cook, turning, until browned on both sides.
- Stir in cayenne, white pepper, and garlic. Pour in water, and cook until the chicken is done and the water has evaporated, about 30 minutes.
- Stir in butter and saffron threads; cook for 10 minutes.
- Add cream cheese, stirring until melted and smooth.
- Gradually whisk in cream, smoothing out any lumps. Stir in Parmesan, and cook until the sauce reaches the consistency you like. If it becomes too thick, stir in a small amount of milk.
- Serve over bow-tie, rotini, cheese ravioli, or tortellini pasta.