Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This recipe is from the 'Thursday' magazine. It won 50 US dollars in the current contest. It was submitted by Sameena Qutub. I haven't yet tried it, but it sure looks good in the pic.
- 1200 g chicken
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons ginger-garlic paste
- 3⁄4 cup tomato ketchup
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 4 teaspoons plain yogurt
- 3 1⁄2 lemons, juice of, freshly squeezed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon saffron
- 10 -15 curry leaves
- 3 green chilies
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the chicken into pieces, wash them and keep them in an open vessel so that all the pieces of the chicken touch the surface of the vessel.
- Apply ginger-garlic paste on the chicken and toss to coat it well with the paste.
- Add salt, lime juice, hot sauce, tomato ketchup and mix again.
- Add yogurt, chilli powder and vinegar.
- Mix again.
- Add food colour and mix.
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- Fry curry leaves and green chillies in it.
- Keep aside.
- When the oil is warm, add this oil to the chicken.
- Cook the chicken on high flame for 10 minutes.
- DO NOT cover the dish with a lid while chicken is cooking.
- Reduce the flame.
- Cook till the gravy reduces and oil starts leaving the sides of the vessel.
- Remove from flame.
- Allow standing time of 5 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to a serving dish.
- Garnish with fried curry leaves, green chillies, corriander leaves, sliced tomatoes and onion rings.
- Serve hot with rotis, parathas and/or rice.