Recipe by Bobbie
The sandwich in a dish! If you prefer a "Rachel" to a "Reuben", substitute smoked or oven-roasted turkey for the corned beef in this spread.
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup thousand island dressing
- 1 (8 ounce) can sauerkraut, well drained
- 8 ounces shredded swiss cheese (2 cups)
- 1 (6 ounce) packagethinly sliced corned beef, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- assorted cracker (I like Rye Krisps, or can also use the small cocktail rye bread slices)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to350.
- In small bowl, mix mayonnaise and dressing until well blended.
- In ungreased 9 inch pie pan, layer sauerkraut, half the cheese, the corned beef and mayonnaise mixture. To remaining half of cheese, add onions and toss to mix. Sprinkle over top.
- Bake 20 to 25 mimutes or until bubbly around edge.
- Serve with crackers or cocktail bread slices.