Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Pesto and sun-dried tomatoes join forces with buttery Yukon Gold potatoes for a dish that can be enjoyed as an entree or a side dish. Recipe comes from my Fresh From The Vegetarian Slow Cooker cookbook.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄3 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained and chopped (or reconstituted sun-dried tomatoes)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch slices
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup pesto sauce (store-bought)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh breadcrumb
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, cover, and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic and sun-dried tomatoes and cook 1 minute longer; set aside.
- Lightly oil a 3 1/2 -4 quart slow cooker. Arrange one half of the potatoes in the bottom of the insert. Top with half of the onion mixture. Season with salt and pepper and dot with half of the pesto. Top with a layer of the remaining potatoes, the remaining onion mixture, and the remaining pesto and season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours, until the potatoes are tender.
- In a small skillet, toast the bread crums in the remaining 1 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat until golden brown. Set aside.
- When ready to serve, top evenly with the bread crumbs.