Recipe by STK FD WIFE, A.TITUS
This multi-textured dip with an Asian flair is the perfect party hors d’ oeuvre for any festive gathering.
Top Review by Cdubs
I am giving this recipe five stars despite a flaw in the sauce. I made the sauce with Worcestershire sauce and it wasn't right for the recipe. I remade the sauce with soy sauce in the same amount and it matched the recipe. The dip is addictive and excellent. It reminded me of lettuce wrap filling made as a dip. Excellent. Thank you for this one. It will become a go-to dip for me.
- 3⁄4 cup cooked chicken, and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup cashews, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger or 1⁄2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room emperature
- 1 tablespoon milk
SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 dashes hot sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chopped chicken in a one gallon resealable plastic bag.
- Add in the carrot, cashews, onions, parsley, soy sauce, ginger and garlic.
- Seal and refrigerate for several hours to blend the flavors.
- Combine the cream cheese and milk in a mixing bowl.
- Beat until smooth and fluffy.
- Spread mixture over the bottom of a 12 inch serving platter or pie plate.
- Spoon the chicken mixture over the cream cheese.
- Drizzle with the sweet and sour sauce and serve with crackers.
- To make the sweet and sour sauce, combine the brown sugar and cornstarch in a small saucepan.
- Gradually stir in the remaining ingredients and heat over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring constantly, for about 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Cool, cover and refrigerate until ready to use.