STK FD WIFE, A.TITUS's Note:
This multi-textured dip with an Asian flair is the perfect party hors d’ oeuvre for any festive gathering.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup cooked chicken, and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup cashews, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger or 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room emperature
- 1 tablespoon milk
SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE
- 1Place chopped chicken in a one gallon resealable plastic bag.
- 2Add in the carrot, cashews, onions, parsley, soy sauce, ginger and garlic.
- 3Seal and refrigerate for several hours to blend the flavors.
- 4Combine the cream cheese and milk in a mixing bowl.
- 5Beat until smooth and fluffy.
- 6Spread mixture over the bottom of a 12 inch serving platter or pie plate.
- 7Spoon the chicken mixture over the cream cheese.
- 8Drizzle with the sweet and sour sauce and serve with crackers.
- 9To make the sweet and sour sauce, combine the brown sugar and cornstarch in a small saucepan.
- 10Gradually stir in the remaining ingredients and heat over medium heat.
- 11Cook, stirring constantly, for about 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- 12Cool, cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Layered Oriental Dip Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (79 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 131.2
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 27.5 mg
- Sodium 330.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 4.3 g