Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a big hit at potlucks. I'm constantly asked to bring it and if I bring anything else, there are major complaints!
- 2 cups refried beans (1 can) (optional)
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 2 cups salsa (mild, medium, or hot)
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese (Kraft Shredded Cheese for Nachos is great!)
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pickled jalapeno pepper, chopped (or more)
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, chopped (optional)
- Spread beans in a rectangular casserole dish (9x13-inch). You could use chili instead, as well.
- Mix sour cream and cream cheese together (use a hand mixer or immersion blender). Spread over beans or chili.
- Spread salsa over sour cream/cream cheese layer.
- Sprinkle cheese over salsa.
- Add peppers, tomatoes, and green onions in layers. Top with jalapeño peppers or olives, if using. You can also put these on the side, so your guests can choose to add them or not.
- Chill until serving time. Serve with Nacho Chips.
I made this for a party at work and nearly everyone liked it. The proportions seemed pretty good except that there seemed to be an excessive amount of the cream cheese/ sour cream mixture. I ended up throwing away about 1/4 of this mixture. It is always nice to have a recipe that can be easily customized i.e. more or less spiciness, more or less vegetables, etc.
WOW Kat, this is sooooo good! It is creamy and full of flavour! So good for veggie dipping! YUM! I used my own home-made refried beans and made my own salsa using bell peppers, tomato sauce and chili powder. I luved the combination of veggies and cheese in this with a great bite from the optional jalapeno (I used a fresh one, though). Omitted the olives, but otherwise stuck to your recipe and loved it! THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this treat with us! Made and reviewed for When it's hot, when it's not an event in the Diabetic Forum
This is a very good layered dip. I took it with a bag of tortilla chips to our small group meeting tonight. The only thing I did differently was that I served the jalepenos on the side because I was afraid that with the salsa it would be too much heat. Next time I will go ahead and include some of them in the layers. It was a hit. Makes a good size amount. MADE FOR SPRING PAC 2010 http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=327498&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0