Recipe by Katzen
This is a big hit at potlucks. I'm constantly asked to bring it and if I bring anything else, there are major complaints!
Top Review by Spencer #2
I made this for a party at work and nearly everyone liked it. The proportions seemed pretty good except that there seemed to be an excessive amount of the cream cheese/ sour cream mixture. I ended up throwing away about 1/4 of this mixture. It is always nice to have a recipe that can be easily customized i.e. more or less spiciness, more or less vegetables, etc.
- 2 cups refried beans (1 can) (optional)
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 2 cups salsa (mild, medium, or hot)
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese (Kraft Shredded Cheese for Nachos is great!)
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pickled jalapeno pepper, chopped (or more)
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread beans in a rectangular casserole dish (9x13-inch). You could use chili instead, as well.
- Mix sour cream and cream cheese together (use a hand mixer or immersion blender). Spread over beans or chili.
- Spread salsa over sour cream/cream cheese layer.
- Sprinkle cheese over salsa.
- Add peppers, tomatoes, and green onions in layers. Top with jalapeño peppers or olives, if using. You can also put these on the side, so your guests can choose to add them or not.
- Chill until serving time. Serve with Nacho Chips.