Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Source: Kraft Foods NOTE: Cooking time is Cooling time
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 (3 ounce) packages margarita Jell-O gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup tequila or 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1 lime, juice and zest of
- 2 cups thawed whipped topping
- Add boiling water to gelatin mixes in large bowl; stir with whisk 2 minutes until completely dissolved.
- Stir in tequila and 2 tablespoons lime juice.
- Add whipped topping and 1 teaspoons lime zest; stir until whipped topping is completely melted and mixture is well blended.
- Pour into 8-inch square pan.
- Refrigerate 3 hours or until firm.
- Cut into 36 pieces to serve.
Very fun recipe! I used the tequila option. It was a great finish to our Cinco de Mayo fiesta. Thanks for sharing!
Filled 16 shot glasses and served with appetizer spoons for a different look. These are quite good and worth repeating. Made for the TexMex Photo Forum.